The pipes are in and according to our neighbour they went in today. Looks pretty good but we’re unable to gauge the height of the base though. If the plan is to have the concrete all the way up to the pipes then we’re almost close to the level of 1.2 – 1.4 times the height of a double storey house at the back.
The progress is as shown above – it’s all fenced up now and the supervisor left a small gap in the fence and we’re able to sneak our way onto the site to take some progress shots. Looking good and we’re happy with the progress so far. The only thing is I have to make a phone call to Dan (SS) as we found the water tap was not turned off properly and water was dripping – not entirely happy with that as we are responsible for the cost of water.
We also made friends with one of our neighbours across the street. She seems excited that we’re building a single storey as well. Yep, single storey home owners need to stick together – hmm, ok kinda odd… Anyways, apparently she paid like $3000 for these massive stones to her backyard. All these additional costs are making us slightly nervous. Anyways, I’ll let the pictures below do the talking. Stay tuned for the next update.